As opposed to implications that an unidentified number of ladies and young ladies were kidnapped in the Zabarmari territory of Borno State during last Saturday’s assault, the District Head, Zanna Bukar, has said that no lady or young lady from the network is absent.
The area head, while talking with our reporter on Friday, said those snatched and along these lines killed by Boko Haram were all guys who had been on the homestead for quite a long time reaping their yields.
He stated, “No, no, we didn’t lose any lady or single woman from this network to the assault. Every one of those influenced were youthful guys between the ages of 13 and 30. In spite of the fact that some of them were recently marries, some with youthful families; others were generally young men who were recruited to collect on the homestead for some expense.
We heard the rumours that some women were also killed but it is not true. The governor was here; we confirmed to him that those slain were all males. So, I don’t know where that rumour emanated from, but definitely not from our village.”
Also, Musa Ibrahim, father of 18-year-old deceased Usmanu Musa, disclosed that his son was the pillar of the home, being the eldest child.
He said, “Sincerely I feel pained by this death. This boy was my first child. He was the breadwinner for the family. He was always providing for his mother and other siblings from the little he made. And he was always with me, helping in running errands for me at my workplace.
I was originally into fishing before the Boko Haram terrorists came and destroyed all my stock and rendered me poor for about six years now. I have not been able to go back to my fishing business. So, I took to buying and selling grains, especially rice, to make ends meet.”
Meanwhile, at least four civilians have been killed between Thursday and Friday by the terror group, Boko Haram, in Cameroon’s far north region, local authorities said on Friday.
The traditional ruler of Wemdeley village was killed. Three other persons were killed early Thursday in Talla Massali village when Boko Haram invaded the localities, authorities confirmed.
The terrorists who came on motorcycles also made away with foodstuffs and kidnapped at least two people during the raids, according to local sources.
The Boko Haram group has been active in Cameroon’s far north region since 2014, posing enormous humanitarian and governance challenges.