Former Vice President and a presidential aspirant, Atiku Abubakar has explained why he deleted a post he made that condemned the killing of Deborah Samuel, a 200-level student of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto State, who was burnt alive on Thursday.
It had been reported that the student was beaten to a pulp and burnt alive by male Muslim students who accused her of insulting Prophet Muhammed via a WhatsApp platform.
The school authority has shut down academic activities indefinitely as tension gripped residents of the area.
Atiku had, while reacting to the incident, declared that all those behind the killing must be brought to book.
He wrote, “There cannot be a justification for such gruesome murder. Deborah Yakubu was murdered, and all those behind her death must be brought to justice. My condolences to her family and friends.”
However, some religious fanatics with Islamic names stormed the comment sections, particularly on Facebook, threatening to withdraw their support for his 2023 presidential ambition.
After numerous threats from the Northerners, the posts were deleted from Atiku’s social media handles.
Writing on his Facebook page on Friday, Atiku said he did not give approval for the post.
He said, ”This evening I received information that a post was made that doesn’t agree with my orders. I use this to announce that any post without AA is not from me. May God protect – AA.”
By this withdrawal Atiku has aligned with those muderers in Sokoto. This gives an insight on how he will govern Nigeria.