Again, terrorists have abducted six young girls in Chibok, a community in Borno State.
Reports revealed that a faction of the Islamic State West African Province invaded the community on Sunday evening and killed a vigilante member said to be in his 17th birth year.
The terrorists stormed Chibok on utility vehicles and motorcycles.
They were said to have entered through Yimir Mugza village and started shooting sporadically, thereby forcing villagers to flee into the bushes.
A top security source who confided in Daily Trust revealed the identity of the vigilante killed as Godwin.
The assailants reportedly carted away four vehicles, tricycles, livestock and foodstuffs.
The source disclosed further that four of the abducted girls belonged to one family.
According to the source, the latest attack made it the seventh time the community had been invaded by the insurgents since 2014 when the 276 schoolgirls were taken away from Chibok.
The fresh attack is coming a few days after the abduction of schoolgirls in Chibok community in the southern part of Borno State completed eight years.
Boko Haram insurgents had invaded Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, on April 14, 2014, and abducted 276 schoolgirls who were preparing for their final year examination.
While the incident remains fresh in the heart of concerned Nigerians, an interfaith prayer session was held last week’s Wednesday on the premises of the GGSS Chibok as part of activities to mark the eighth year anniversary of the abduction of the young girls.