Lekki shootings: New report shows CNN is desperate —Lai Mohammed

0

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has blamed CNN for distress over its second report on the Lekki cost square shootings that occurred on October 20.

The Minister said this on NTA on Wednesday.

The PUNCH reports that CNN had on Tuesday delivered a second ‘insightful report’ on the shootings at Lekki cost square during the #EndSARS fights in the midst of dangers of assent from the Federal Government.

Yet, the pastor blamed CNN’s reports, saying it needed sound sources.

At the point when gotten some information about the second CNN’s report, Mohammed stated, “It shows that they (CNN) are urgent. The supposed ongoing advancement has been seen previously. There is the same old thing. On the off chance that there is anything new, it is an inconsistency of CNN’s position”.

What we are asking CNN is that where is your evidence? The military has been consistent. CNN contravenes the basic principles of journalism – fairness, and balance.

‘They did the story without contacting the Federal Government for its own side. They relied on second and third parties narratives.

They (CNN) were caught spreading fake news and they are trying to escape.

“We are accusing them (CNN) of basing their stories on videos sourced on social media. CNN has been inconsistent. It also doctored the video it got.

“We are confident in our position.”

On the letter addressed to Jonathan Hawkins, VP (Communications), CNN Centre, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, the minister said, “We have received an acknowledgment and we were told that the letter has been passed to the editorial team.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.