28 C
Lagos
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Subscribe to News360 Info by Email
Home News Metro Oshiomhole pleads for out-of-court settlement in Ortom’s N10bn suit

Oshiomhole pleads for out-of-court settlement in Ortom’s N10bn suit

Invest In Mutual Funds Like A Hero

A former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomole, on Tuesday, sought for an out-of-court settlement in the N10bn libel suit instituted against him by Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom.

Ortom had filed the suit against the former APC chairman over his comments against him at a press conference on July 27, 2018, where Oshiomhole accused the governor of having a hand in the death of two Catholic priests and other parishioners at Mbalom Community, Gwer East Local Government Area on the grounds that one of the priests had preached a “very critical sermon” against him (the governor).

Earlier on the suit, Oshiomhole had filed six preliminary objections which the court resolved all in Ortom’s favour.

However, at the resumption of the case on Tuesday, counsel for Ortom, Samuel Irabor, submitted that he was ready to call his witnesses, but said that Oshiomhole’s counsel, Festus Jumbo had informed him that they have considered putting up a retraction of the publication and it would be ready within a week.

He said he was applying for another date to take a look at the terms of settlement canvassed by Oshiomhole.

Titus Akhuwa who held the brief of Oshiomhole’s counsel, Festus Jumbo confirmed the submission of Governor Ortom’s lawyer.

The Presiding judge, Justice Augustine Ityonyiman of State High Court sitting in Makurdi, after listening to both parties, adjourned the case to October 29, for a report on the out-of-court settlement.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

#EndSARS: We lost over N100 million in 6 days over protests – BRT management

The Management of Primero Transport Services, PTS, Ltd., an operator of Bus Rapid Transit, BRT, Lagos, has said it lost over N100...

#EndSARS: Amnesty Int’l disagrees with Sanwo-Olu over number of deaths, vows to take action

Amnesty International has said that an on-the-ground investigation confirms that the Nigerian Army killed “at least 12 peaceful protesters” on Tuesday night...

Sanwo-Olu gave order to switch off Lekki tollgate billboard – Tinubu

The management of Loatsad Promomedia Limited has cleared the air on report making the round that the billboard at the Lekki Toll...

Father Mbaka Speaks On #EndSARS Protest [VIDEO]

Popular man of God, Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka has reacted to the protest being staged by Nigerians youths. The...

Recent Comments