Kuwait confirms 43 coronavirus cases, all Iran related

0
Members of Kuwait’s national guard keep watch outside a hotel in the capital where Kuwaitis returning from Iran are quarantined and tested for coronavirus COVID-19

Kuwait now has 43 confirmed cases of coronavirus, said an official during a Kuwaiti Ministry of Health conference held on Thursday morning.

The official said all the cases involved are of people who had been to Iran in February.

In the press conference the official said that there is an open line with the World Health Organization, and medical teams were formed before the arrival of infected cases to the country and were fully equipped and ready in the airport.

In the statement, ministry said that “all infected people are stable and the approved protocols of isolation are [being] administered and all patients [are] receiving the necessary medical care in one of the hospitals prepared and equipped to receive patients.”

The ministry also said that the people who were in contact with the infected ones are under house quarantine and are being monitored closely.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.