4.3 C
New York
Saturday, April 5, 2025
HomeNews‘I Am Innocent Of All Charges, Take Me To Court’ – Fayose...

‘I Am Innocent Of All Charges, Take Me To Court’ – Fayose Tells EFCC

The ex-governor of Ekiti, Ayodele Fayose arrived at the EFCC office in Wuse 2, Abuja in a customised blue Tee-Shirt with the inscription “EFCC I’m here”.

He was accompanied by his lawyer Mike Ozekhome(SAN), Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike, former Minister of Aviation Femi Fani-Kayode and a small crowd of supporters,wearing white T-Shirts emblazoned with “Fayose, conscience of the nation”.

Sources said Fayose would respond to issues raised by three teams of investigators.

A source added:

“He made a statement where he denied all the allegations and asked the commission to take him to court.

Advertisements
Advertisements

“So far, he has not responded to how he came about N1.3billion and $5.377million from ONSA. He has more issues to clarify; we are going to detain him.”

Advertisements

“There are three teams handling the allegations against the former governor. There is a special team managing his suspended trial because he had immunity as a governor; a separate team for the N4.685b ONSA fraud and the third panel probes his just completed tenure.

“Definitely, we are going to detain Fayose because he has a lot of issues to clarify.”

The agency’s spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren said “The ex-governor is still undergoing interrogation as at last night.”

Advertisements

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Onuegbu Chuks Theophilus on Mikel Obi quits Super Eagles
Thomas H. Anderson on Roman Goddess_3
Oladimeji Emmanuel on Obama sends investors to Buhari