28 C
Lagos
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Subscribe to News360 Info by Email
Home News Tales of woes when 27 Nigerian girls return from Lebanon

Tales of woes when 27 Nigerian girls return from Lebanon

Another bunch of 27 abandoned Nigerian young ladies cleared from Lebanon showed up at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja on Sunday, with stories of hardships.

One of the returnees said they experienced numerous difficulties in Lebanon with a large number of them being owed seven to eight months compensations by their managers.

The young ladies were emptied because of the coordinated effort between the Nigerian and the Lebanese government, just as the Lebanese people group in Nigeria

Mr Ferdinand Nwonye, representative for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who spoke to the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr Geoffrey Onyeama, said the clearing was in satisfaction of the Nigerian government’s guarantee to guarantee no Nigerian is left abandoned in Lebanon.

There had been a few supplications from Nigerians abandoned in Lebanon engaging for help to empower them to get back.
Nwonye said the Nigerian government was aware of the unfortunate situation they experienced in Lebanon, hence the collaboration to ensure their safe return to the country.

“I am here on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs who facilitated this return, together with the Ministry of Aviation, Embassy of Nigeria in Beirut, the Lebanese Embassy in Nigeria and the Lebanese community in Nigeria”.

These are the individuals and institutions that made it possible for you to be here today.

“It is unfortunate the situation you passed through; which is why the Ministries concerned made sure you are here today and we are telling you that you are now home today and nothing will happen to you”.

Make sure you follow the protocols they advised you on; you know what to do to recover your passports again.

“You are welcome back home and I wish you journey mercies to your various destinations,” Nwonye said.

The Foreign Affairs Ministry spokesman told newsmen that the stranded Nigerians were evacuated in line with the Federal Government’s guidelines on COVID-19 evacuations.

He said the girls tested negative for COVID-19 before embarking on the journey and would be allowed to go home after 14 days self-isolation, in line with the Federal Government’s guidelines for COVID-19 evacuations.

He explained that their passports were retrieved from them upon arrival and they are expected to collect them back with proof of COVID-19 tests which they are expected to take again once they complete their 14-day self-isolation.

The spokesperson said the girls were tested in Beirut before embarking on the journey and they were also profiled on arrival.

Mr Philip Webbe, a representative of the Silver Wings Group in Nigeria, said the Lebanese community and its Embassy in Nigeria had facilitated the return of the girls with the support of the Nigerian government.

Webbe said it was in fulfilment of their promise that they would not leave any Nigerian girl stranded in Lebanon.

“We are the company, silver wings that brought the Chartered flight to Nigeria. We are evacuating stranded Nigerian girls that are in Lebanon. These girls had nobody to assist them to bring them back to Nigeria”.

“The Lebanese Community is assisting them with the help of the Foreign Ministry, the Ministry of Aviation, the Lebanese Ambassador to Nigeria and Nigeria’s Ambassador to Lebanon, and they have put great efforts to bring them back”.

“We had 27 girls that came on this flight and just like we promised last time, we will not leave any stranded Nigerian girl in Lebanon.

On this flight, Mr Fassai Khalid supported 20 girls to come and there were another seven girls facilitated by the Lebanese community”.

They all came today and they are finishing the process. Some came yesterday, some will come tomorrow, we won’t leave anyone of them behind.

One of the returnees who spoke on condition of anonymity appreciated the Nigerian and Lebanese governments for ensuring their safe return back home.

She said that if not for the assistance, they would have been left stranded in Lebanon as they could not afford to buy tickets to return home.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Atiku reacts to FINCEN files report

Former vice-president Atiku Abubakar has reacted to the trending FINCEN files that detailed how he came under the radar of international financial...

NEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Obaseki, Shaibu

The Independent National Electoral Commission has presented a certificate of return to Governor Godwin Obaseki, winner of the just concluded Edo State...

I will punished Oshiomhole and others -Obaseki

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki has vowed to punish his erstwhile godfather Adams Oshiomhole and his “lions and tigers” if they continue...

God-wins, Edo and lessons learnt – Reuben Abati

The pundits who had predicted the outcome and the nature of the Gubernatorial election in Edo State got it all wrong. The...

Recent Comments