The Lagos State Fire Service, Thursday, confirmed that fire razed a section of the Christ Embassy Church on Oregun Road, Ikeja, Lagos on Wednesday, destroying some property of the church.
The fire reportedly started around 9pm after a spark in the switch room of the church.
The spokesperson for the Lagos State Fire Service, Amodu Shakiru, who confirmed the incident, appealed to residents of Lagos to be more safety conscious.
He said the incident came less than a week after goods estimated at millions of naira were destroyed in an inferno that ravaged the Alaba International Market, Ojo.
Shakiru confirmed to newsmen that the quick response of officials of the Lagos State Fire Service, however, saved the day.
He explained further that the fire was contained within 30 minutes of active firefighting, adding that no life was lost.
“Around 9.08pm on Wednesday, we got a call that there was a fire incident in the church. We deployed two 10,000 litres of water from our stations in Ikeja and Alausa.
“It was discovered that the fire was on the topmost floor of the church’s three-storeyed building.
“There had been an electrical spark in the switch room, which triggered off the fire. In about 30 minutes, we put it out,” he added.