Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, the Ooni of Ife elect, yesterday stormed Ile-Ife amid fanfare. His installation ritual rites will commence shortly and it’s in several stages. It may take a total of 21 days as against the usual 30 days.
The stages are as follows:
1. The Ooni will be received at Ife end of Ife/Ibadan expressway. He must enter Ile Ife in the day time after his name has been announced.
2. The Ooni will go to the Giesi Ruling House to be installed as the Sooko. According to Ife tradition, he must first be the Sooko of his family before he mounts the stool of Ooni.
3. After his installation as Sooko, the Ooni will head to the Obalufe Palace to perform rites at the Orunto River inside the palace, after which, he will proceed to a forest on Ilesa road for another round of rituals.
4. The Ooni of Ife is also expected to go into seclusion in Ilofi for a minimum of 21 days for series of rites and initiations.
5. The Ooni will meet an old woman in spirit to receive the power left by Oduduwa. The old woman will give him all the power over the Yoruba race.
6. The new Ooni of Ife, Prince Adeyeye Ogunwusi, must belong to the Isoro cult.
7. Lowa Eredumi of Ile Ife, Oba Eluyele Olawenu, according to tradition, will officiate at the installation rites.