One Gift Igwe, a nursing mother, has been arrested by policemen from the Igbogbo division, for setting her husband’s brother ablaze at her home at Adenugba Street, Agunfoye, Ikorodu Lagos.
The 10-year-old victim, identified as Chimobi from Ishielu, Ebonyi State was set ablaze because he misplaced his trousers.
According to Punch, the victim who was brought to the house by his brother had been maltreated severally by Gift.
The victim currently receiving treatment at the hospital, said, ‘’I misplaced my trousers and ‘mummy’ (sister-in-law) poured kerosene on me and used a matchstick to light fire. People came to help me. I have not been going to school since they brought me from the village.”
The Police Public Relations Officer, Olarinde Famous-Cole, confirmed the incident, adding that Gift had been granted bail because she is still nursing a young child.
However the Director of the OPD, Mrs Olubukola Salami, confirmed that little Chimobi has been taken into protective custody by Lagos State.