The Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Hameed Ali, on Monday named six Deputy Comptrollers-General and eight Assistant Comptrollers-General of Customs as part of the on-going re-organisation in the Service.
The spokesperson of the service, Wale Adeniyi, said the new appointees, who would function in acting capacities, would replace the top officials that either resigned or retired last week.
The six (6) Officers, who are of the rank of Assistant Comptroller-General, will occupy the positions of Deputy-Comptrollers-General in acting capacity.
Those appointed are:
- ACG Idris Suleiman (Finance Administration and Technical Service)
- ACG Iya Umar (Tariff and Trade)
- ACG Dan Ugo (Enforcement Investigation and Inspection)
- ACG Grace Adeyemo (Excise, FTZ & Industrial Incentive)
- ACG Austin Warikoru (Human Resource Development)
- ACG Paul Ukaigwe (Strategic Research and Policy)
Eight (8) Comptrollers were similarly announced to occupy the positions of Assistant Comptrollers-General created in the exercise. They are to occupy the new offices in acting capacity.
- Comptroller Umar Sanusi mni (ACG Headquarters)
- Comptroller Funsho Adegoke (ACG ICT)
- Comptroller Mohammed Abbas mni (ACG Board)
- Comptroller Olatunji Aremu mni (Command & Staff College)
- Comptroller Charles Edike (Zonal Coordinator Zone ‘A’)
- Comptroller Abubakar Dangaladima (Zonal Coordinator Zone ‘B’)
- Comptroller Azarema Abdulkadir (Zonal Coordinator Zone ‘C’)
- Comptroller Chidi Augustine (Zonal Coordinator Zone ‘D’)
Seven Officers are equally redeployed in the new exercise.
- ACG Adesina Odunmbaku (Finance and Technical Service)
- ACG Robert Alu (Tariff and Trade)
- ACG Ade Dosumu (Enforcement and Drugs)
- ACG Monday Abueh mni (Excise & Industrial Incentive
- ACG Ahmed Mohammed mni (Human Resource Management)
- ACG Patience Iferi (Strategic Research and Policy) and
- Comptroller Aminu Abba (Technical Services)
The Changes take immediate effect. The Comptroller-General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ali urged the newly – appointed Officers to redouble their efforts to justify their new responsibilities.